At Intensity Midstream, we strive to provide superior service to our customers by creating an environment that values safety first and promotes the creativity and motivation necessary for our employees to take pride and ownership in judiciously growing our business.
Through its combination with Xplorer Midstream, LLC in November 2016, Intensity is the manager of Woodford Express, LLC. Woodford Express, LLC owns and operates natural gas gathering and processing assets in the SCOOP play of Southern Oklahoma’s Woodford Shale and Springer Shale. As a result of the combination, employees of Xplorer will join Intensity to create a best-in-class midstream team with a mandate to drive additional growth initially in central Oklahoma but also across multiple basins throughout the United States.
Roger A. Farrell – Chairman
Roger A. Farrell is a veteran strategic and operational leader with extensive midstream experience and a highly successful record in business turnarounds, operations, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, integrations and asset development. Prior to joining Intensity through the combination of Intensity and Xplorer Midstream LLC in November 2016, Mr. Farrell was Chief Executive Officer of Xplorer Midstream LLC, the manager of Woodford Express, LLC. Prior to Xplorer Midstream LLC, Mr. Farrell was president and chief operating officer of Southern Union Gas Services (SUGS), a subsidiary of Southern Union Company. Previously, Mr. Farrell was president and chief executive officer of Enogex Inc., which owned and operated both interstate and intrastate natural gas pipelines, as well as significant midstream assets.
Joseph L. Griffin - Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Prior to co-founding Intensity Midstream LLC in June 2015, Joseph L. Griffin was Chief Executive Officer, President and a director of Hiland Partners, LP from June 2007 until Hiland’s acquisition by Kinder Morgan, Inc. in February 2015. Mr. Griffin has more than 25 years of experience in the midstream natural gas industry. From 2004 to June 2007, Mr. Griffin served as executive vice president over multiple facets of the business of Lumen Midstream Company, a subsidiary of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe, in Tulsa, OK. In 1989, Mr. Griffin co-founded Lumen Midstream, held various senior level management positions and served as a director until Lumen was sold in 2004 to the Southern Ute Indian Tribe. Mr. Griffin holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Oklahoma State University. In addition, Mr. Griffin is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Derek G. Gipson - Co-Founder, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President – Corporate Development
Prior to co-founding Intensity Midstream LLC in June 2015, Derek G. Gipson was Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President - Finance, Secretary and a director of the general partner of Hiland Partners, LP from September 2011 until Hiland’s acquisition by Kinder Morgan, Inc. in February 2015. Mr. Gipson was appointed Vice President - Business Development and Corporate Planning for Hiland Partners, LP in January 2010. Mr. Gipson joined Hiland as Director- Business Development and Investor Relations in July 2008 from Wachovia Securities where he was a member of its Energy & Power Investment Banking Group. Mr. Gipson joined Wachovia in October 2007 through its acquisition of A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc., where Mr. Gipson was a member of the A.G. Edwards Energy Investment Banking Group. Prior to joining A.G. Edwards in December 2003, Mr. Gipson was an Audit Associate with Deloitte & Touche LLP in its St. Louis, Missouri office where he earned a CPA certificate. In 2002, Mr. Gipson graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a B.B.A. degree in Finance.
Matthew Briscoe – Senior Vice President - Engineering Practices and Technical Services
- Mr. Briscoe joined Intensity as Vice President of Engineering in October 2015.
- Briscoe most recently served as Vice President of Engineering at Hiland Partners. He joined Hiland as Director of Engineering in February 2008.
- Briscoe was promoted to Vice President of Engineering at Hiland, expanding his role to oversee the Crude Oil Division. Specific projects included the 484 mile Double H crude oil pipeline, cryogenic gas processing, refrigeration, amine treating, product fractionation, and liquid terminals, in the Bakken Shale.
- Prior to joining Hiland, Briscoe served as Director of Engineering and Manager of Engineering for Frontier Field Services in Tulsa, Oklahoma from June 2005 until February 2008.
- Prior to joining Frontier Field Services, Briscoe was a Senior Project Manager, System Coordinator, and Gas Supply Project Engineer for OG&E/Enogex from January 2001 until June 2005. He also held various positions with Bateman/Merrick LLC, Western Gas Resources and Southwestern Company from 1995 until 2001.
- Briscoe holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Oklahoma State University.
Mike Higgins – Senior Vice President - Operations and Pipeline Construction
- Mr. Higgins joined Intensity as Vice President of Operations and Construction in January 2016.
- Higgins most recently served as Vice President of Operations and Midstream Construction at Hiland Partners. He joined Hiland as Manager of Technical Services in 2006.
- Higgins was promoted at Hiland to Manager of Operations Southern Region in 2007 and to Director of Operations and Midstream Construction in September 2012. While there, he was responsible for the safe, efficient operation of 175,000 total compression horsepower, 3,000 miles of pipeline, 4 amine treating facilities, 140 Mmcf/d of gas processing capacity, 20 Mbbl/d of fractionation capacity and related NGL rail terminal.
- Prior to joining Hiland, Higgins served as Area Superintendent – Western Oklahoma & Texas Panhandle Field Assets for Chesapeake Energy from 2005 until 2006.
- Higgins also served as Owner/Operator of Frontier Field Services from 2001 until 2005, providing contract operation services to coalbed methane producers. He also held various Project Manager and Field Operator positions at CMS Field Services from 1998 until 2001.
- Higgins holds an Associates degree in Applied Sciences from Independence Community College.
Patrick C. Myers – Senior Vice President - Project Management and Facility Engineering
Patrick Myers has over 20 years of industry experience with a proven track record of value creation through developing and operating midstream infrastructure to serve North America’s shale gas reserves. Prior to joining Intensity through the combination of Intensity and Xplorer Midstream LLC in November 2016, Mr. Myers was Chief Operating Officer of Xplorer Midstream LLC. Previously, Mr. Myers served as general manager for Access Midstream where he led grassroots development and operation of the midstream infrastructure serving the Marcellus and Utica shale plays.
Mark J. Freed – Vice President – Crude Oil Business Development & Marketing
- Prior to joining Intensity Midstream in June, 2016, Mark J. Freed was most recently Chief Commercial Officer for Bakken Oil Express (BOE) Midstream, LLC, a private midstream company with transportation, trans-loading and terminalling assets in the Williston Basin.
- Mr. Freed has over 12 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including roles in crude oil marketing and trading, mergers & acquisitions, midstream business development and investor relations.
- From 2012-2014, Mr. Freed served as a Vice President in the Commodities Division at Goldman Sachs (J. Aron & Company) in Houston, TX, where he was responsible for origination and client coverage of physical crude oil trading opportunities throughout North America.
- From 2005-2012, Mr. Freed held a number of leadership positions with High Sierra Energy, LP, through the partnership’s merger with NGL Energy Partners, LP.
- Mr. Freed served as Senior Vice President – High Sierra Crude Oil & Marketing, where he was responsible for crude oil lease trading and business development, and as Vice President – Investor Relations and Business Development.
- Mr. Freed holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The Pennsylvania State University, and is based in Denver, Colorado.
J. Michael Cockrell – Vice President – Crude Oil Project Development
- Mr. Cockrell joined Intensity as Vice President of Crude Oil Business Development in January 2016.
- Cockrell most recently served as Managing Partner of Heritage Advisory Group, LLC where he provided consulting services regarding liquid hydrocarbons midstream and marketing for E&P, midstream, refining and financial clients.
- Cockrell served as President and COO of Blueknight Energy Partners L.P. (NASDAQ: BKEP) from 2009 until 2012 where he was responsible for operating, growing and developing their midstream platform.
- Prior to joining Blueknight, Cockrell served as Sr. Vice President of Crude Oil for Enterprise Products L.P. where he managed the crude oil division, including supply and marketing, pipeline and lubrication subsidiaries. Cockrell joined Enterprise through its acquisition of TEPPCO Partners, L.P. where he served in various crude oil executive capacities for TEPPCO and its predecessor entities since 1987.
- Prior to joining TEPPCO’s predecessor entities, Cockrell held positions of increasing responsibility in the crude oil midstream industry for companies including Lantern Petroleum Corp., Amoco Pipeline Company, Western Crude Oil, Inc. and Mid America Pipeline Company.
- Cockrell attended Oklahoma State University.
M. Clay Midkiff – Vice President – Gas Processing, Engineering and Construction
Prior to joining Intensity Midstream LLC through the combination of Intensity and Xplorer Midstream LLC, Clay Midkiff was Senior Vice President of Engineering and Construction for Xplorer. Mr. Midkiff has more than 30 years of energy industry experience, primarily focused on the design, construction and operation of midstream assets. Mr. Midkiff also served as Senior Vice President of Engineering and Operations for Legion Services, LLC and as Vice President of Engineering and Construction for SandRidge Energy, Inc. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering from Texas A&M University.
David Hall – Vice President & Controller
Prior to joining Intensity in April 2017, Mr. Hall was Executive Director of Dillon International, an international adoption/family and children services agency. Mr. Hall had previously served in a variety of accounting, financial and corporate development roles in the gas pipeline and processing industry, including VP Accounting & Finance, Caballo Energy; CFO, Atlas Pipeline Mid-Continent; and, CFO, Spectrum Field Services. Mr. Hall also held various accounting, finance and business development positions with ScissorTail Energy, Transok and Amoco Production Company. He holds a B.S.B.A. from Oklahoma State University, an M.B.A. from the University of Tulsa, as well as C.P.A., C.M.A. and C.G.M.A. accounting designations.
Kenton T. Bulson – Director – Engineering and Development
Kenton T. Bulson has over 11 years of experience in the midstream industry. Mr. Bulson currently serves as the Director of Engineering and Development of Intensity Midstream. Prior to joining Intensity Midstream through its combination with Xplorer Midstream in November 2016, Mr. Bulson served as the Director of Engineering and Development of Xplorer Midstream since April 2014. Previously, Mr. Bulson held various engineering, operations, business development, and management positions at ConocoPhillips Pipeline Company, Chesapeake Energy, Access Midstream, and Hiland Crude. Mr. Bulson’s experience spans across multiple North American shale plays including the Marcellus, Utica, Bakken, and Woodford. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University.
Mika Dick – Director – Natural Gas Products Scheduling & Marketing
Mika Dick has over 20 years of industry experience. Prior to joining Intensity in January 2017, Ms. Dick served as the Marketing Administrator for Ward Petroleum Corporation. Before working at Ward, Ms. Dick held various positions at Hiland Partners until Hiland’s acquisition by Kinder Morgan in 2015. Her latest role at Hiland was as Director of Product Sales, Scheduling & Contract Administration. Ms. Dick holds a B.S. in Accounting from Oklahoma State University.
Matthew M. Griffin – Director – Business Development
Mr. Griffin joined Intensity Midstream LLC through its combination with Xplorer Midstream LLC in November 2016 where he was serving as Director of Business Development. Prior to Intensity, Mr. Griffin most recently served as the Manager of Business Development and Engineering for Access Midstream where he supported merger and acquisition activity nationwide. Previously to Mr. Griffin’s role in business development, he managed the engineering and construction of Access Midstream’s grassroots development in the Eagle Ford including 24 natural gas gathering facilities consisting of 120,000 compression horsepower, sour gas gathering and treating, and crude/condensate terminals. Prior to Mr. Griffin’s role at Access Midstream (formerly Chesapeake Midstream Development), he served as engineering supervisor at ONEOK in its central Texas local distribution company. Mr. Griffin holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Oklahoma and an M.S. in Engineering Management from the University of Texas at Austin.
Partnership with Quantum Energy Partners
Intensity Midstream is supported with initial equity commitments in excess of $300 million from Quantum Energy Partners and the senior management. Quantum Energy Partners is a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates, more than $10.5 billion in equity commitments since inception. For more information on Quantum, please visit www.quantumep.com.
At Intensity Midstream everything we do is to improve the lives and well-being of everyone connected to our business. All our actions and interactions are focused to achieve this goal, and our core values ensure that we serve their needs first.
Protection. First and foremost for the people we employ, contract, serve, and live with. Everything we do will be guided to ensure all our EHS policies and best management practices are followed. We are committed to excellence in protecting people and preservation of the environment.
Integrity. To ensure customer satisfaction, we remain transparent in the integrity of our operational, engineering, financial, and administrative policies.
Communication. Because Intensity Midstream employees work as a team to give our customers the best, we will ensure that their needs are addressed in an efficient manner.
Stewardship. We will utilize a financial strategy that allows us to stay focused on safely and efficiently growing our business.
Intensity Midstream believes in protecting the environment and ensuring the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the general public. We will comply with all federal, state, and local environmental regulations and utilize best management practices to be a good corporate citizen and responsible community steward.